Skip to main content

tv   Cavuto  FOX Business  August 3, 2014 8:00pm-9:01pm EDT

8:00 pm
. neil: so congress is all for summer vacation, five week summer vacation, and everyone here is mad because they have hardly anything done. i'm neil cavuto. and to hear the "new york times" tell us it is hard to tell when congress isn't on vacation. others calling this the most unproductive congress in history. they got next to nothing done, hardly any new laws, any new regulations no, big new programs. not much at any new programs. and i'm thinking to myself, self, and that's a problem why? all of the initiatives and
8:01 pm
needless laws and burdensome regulations that got us into the pot we're in. one newspaper criticized congress for going on a break. give me a break, i'm not saying congress shouldn't act on things that matter, but taking care of veterans, taking a stab at this of ours, congress has to be doing things which, of course, means congress has to be spending money to do these things, it is engrained in our culture. politicians brag about it. how much bacon they bring home. i think it's sick, weird, and by the way very, very expensive, which is why if you ever run for congress, you know what your motto should be, what my motto would be if i ran? no bacon, no bull. no post offices with my name on them or bike paths so voters can remember me, no bridges to nowhere or public parks in honor of the obscure historic local figures, nothing, nada,
8:02 pm
zip, zilcho, you're getting nothing from me. and imagine if 434 other representatives and 100 other senators, maybe a president were all as cheap as me? imagine if every politician in washington promised no more bribes from washington. imagine redefining success not by how much money you are spending, but how much money you are saving? not by the things you are doing, but the things you are not doing? the programs you are not initiating? the boondoggles you are not starting in imagine our elected representatives committed not to buying us off but paying the debt off. imagine, no bacon, no pork, no bull. imagine america where government does best by doing the least and media recognizes those who practice that the most. maybe then we can get back to seeing greatness for what it is, not some new federal building, it will never be. you know, there is a reason why texas encourages more investment than any other state in this country.
8:03 pm
its legislature works the fewest days of any in this country. success not because the government's working overtime. but precisely my view, because it's not. my thoughts at hashtag cavuto to tell me your thoughts, we have texas republican presidential candidate ron paul with us now. you made that your clarion call, actually. you didn't do too shabby, what do you make of that? >> a good idea. neil the more i listen to you, the more i think you sound libertarian in your views. we measure the success of congress by the least amount of laws they pass? it baffles me there are other stations that brag over -- broadcast, no laws passed that terrible congress. but it's a mess, and they measure things backwards. so government is supposed to be there to restrain, you know, the control of people and should restrain the government. but not to just regulate the
8:04 pm
people and regulate the economy and police the world, so we've been off on the wrong track for a long time. neil: i don't people to think i'm praising republicans or bashing democrats or vice versa. it's a twisted litmus test we're using for success, when, in fact, you could argue that given our debt and everything, the one thing we should be using as a metric is getting out of this, and yet, in the mainstream media at least, you are not cool if you don't keep advancing, the new program, new regulations, new rules. >> yeah, the other problem we have with less legislation and they're not dealing with the issues is that government's on auto pilot in many ways. the president writes executive orders, we have executive branches that write regulations, foreign policies where they don't ask the government to do things. we have a federal reserve that prints money and passes it out worldwide and bails out
8:05 pm
everybody, and then we have the nsa and everybody else, so the legislature is pretty benign. neil: why can't we do something congressman like swap in and out thing? you know, when i get new ties, and this company provides ties for me, i take out old ones i've screwed up and spilled stuff on. a new one comes in, a old one goes out. and people say you selected the wrong ties to keep. my point is why can't we do that with rules and regulations. rather than make the regulatory books thicker, bigger, the tax code thicker, bigger, couldn't we at least take one in, take one out. we don't even do that? >> well, there's a tremendous appetite for government. everybody is on the welfare train, the poor and the rich. i would like to have a simple rule in washington that the only law they can pass is the elimination of regulations, no new stuff.
8:06 pm
it isn't a trade-off. not one in and one out, always a reduction. but the special interests wouldn't put up with that. governments reflect the people. i know there's a lot of people today complaining and the numbers are growing, and that is good, but the type of government that a country has is usually endorsed by a majority of the people. so right now, you know, what if you have 51-55% of the people receiving a check from government. they're not going to be sending people back to congress and say no, i'm going cut all benefits. >> we have a very indebted society, up to the laissez-faire bash in wall street that likes having the fed back it. >> no doubt about it. it's something of the things they don't want addressed because both parties support it. we're suing the president because he canceled one regulation. what about the evil things that both parties endorse, whether it's the kind of things the cia
8:07 pm
does, what the federal reserve does, the assassination, spying on people, torturing people, printing money. they're not going to talk about that. they're going to talk about you wrote this regulation and we don't like you doing this, which i don't like either and it's wrong. that's minor compared to the big issues, if you look at monetary policy, economic planning. if you look at what the federal reserve does. those things are endorsed by the people, by the financial people, wall street and the majority of people in washington. all the other stuff, they're arguing for base at home and trying to convince them they're there to save them from the monster big government. neil: you're exactly right. the monster big government. >> fortunately, more people are wake up, there is room for encouragement because i think the approaching bankruptcy will clarify this, and i think people are realizing this can't keep going on, and i think the
8:08 pm
markets are going to get shakier and finally we will be forced to act. you know, we didn't have to beat the soviets to destroy their system, they beat themselves. i think we're beating ourselves to death on civil liberties, on foreign policy and spending, and we will eventually move into a period of time where our system will self-destruct too, it's not a viable system. neil: that is well put. congressman, thank you very much. my analogy i use folks, maybe i'm showing my age, the munsters, remember that series? and the beautiful daughter was like the weird one in the family?
8:09 pm
8:10 pm
8:11 pm
. neil: you know, it's not just the united nations that seems to hate israel. within hours, the israel-gaza cease-fire collapsing, pretty much the collective world media was blaming one country and one country only, israel. even in the united states, the skittish concern that maybe the israelis are overreacting, when, in fact, if you think about it, they're defending their border. something we're not too good at doing here. former nixon and speechwriter
8:12 pm
uber smart guy, economist ben stein does see a double standard here. what do you make of that? it is telling, i go through the media like you do every day, and i would say 99.99999% israel is a bad guy. what do you think? >> i know it is an amazing thing, there is a double standard. israel is not allowed to defend itself, if it's standing up for itself, it's committing genocide, the terrorists can launch rocket after rocket after rocket, after a cease-fire, they're fine, when israel tries to defend and strike back, they're not fine. the media consistently downplays or completely ignores the fact that hamas are storing rockets in schools and u.n. hiding places and endlessly blames israel as if israel is purposely trying to kill civilians, when it acknowledged even the modern arab states, israel has an amazing track
8:13 pm
record of protecting civilians in wars. neil: i wonder when it comes to our country, israel's last true friend, if you think about it. >> only true friend. >> the tide is turning over the last years of this administration where, they seem to be having a handsoff policy with israel. what does that mean? >> i think that's a little too tough. mr. obama is not too friendly to israel. mr. kerry is a stone-solid fool. neil: secretary of state john kerry. what makes him a fool? >> his idea that he thought he could get peace out of israel-hamas, and in the first place, hamas said we don't want peace, we want to kick out the jews and take back palestine. why he thought he would get peace in the first place, i don't know. let's be a little fair, a lot fair. the u.s. is backing israel. u.s. did pay for the iron dome project. the u.s. is israel's only
8:14 pm
friend and within the u.s., the christian community is so loyal to israel and so wonderful to israel, not necessarily the mainstream denominations but the fundamentalist denominations, they are incredibly wonderful to on my e to them every day. neil: what about the mainstream jewish community? >> the mainstream jewish community is pro-israel, there are a lot of jewish leftists. it embarrasses me terribly that so many jews voted for obama when they could have voted for mccain. he was the best supporter of israel ever. next richard nixon was the ultimate supporter of israel and not befriended by jews, to put it mildly. very, very serious problem with the jewish voting pattern. neil: why is that? seen as not cool? support republicans or conservatives or what? >> no, i think it's a long, long ago idea that the republicans were the country club party, that the
8:15 pm
republicans were the party of gentiles who didn't want to be around jews, maybe to some extent it's still true. long, long time now, the republicans have been the main supporters of israel, and it is high time that jews who care about israel in the united states, believe me that's not the only issue for jews at all. it's a huge issue. they turn to the republican party. this is a very serious jewish voting mistake. neil: ben, i have to ask you, you talk about the united states being friends, and we are, and i didn't mean to interpret it any other way. when israel is told to lead a cease-fire and follow through with it, do you think behind the scenes what we saw allegedly off mic on the part of secretary of state kerry in the chris wallace interview reflects the real view that the israelis overdo it and we're going to rein them in even if it means threatening assistance to them. more in this administration than prior administrations?
8:16 pm
>> i think that's very much what's going on behind the scenes, that has been the state department view forever. the state department has been unfriendly to israel forever. never a time they were friendly to israel. the carter administration was far worse. lyndon johnson far, far worse. john f. kennedy was no great friend of israel. only great friends of israel that have ever been are truman, nixon and reagan. neil: interesting in nixon's case because of the release of the other stuff he's been charged with. anti-semitism, huh? >> nixon is the best friend the jews have ever had in the white house, and it's criminal the way he's misrepresented. neil: well, ben, always a pleasure. be well my friend. >> always my pleasure. neil: ben stein. cia director admitting yeah we snoop on senators, now they're calling for his head. i'm not talking about republicans, i'm talking about democrats.
8:17 pm
8:18 pm
8:19 pm
8:20 pm
. >> as far as the allegations of cia hacking into senate computers, nothing could be further from the truth. nothing could be further from the truth. further from the truth. neil: he didn't have to say it again. but he did say once at least, nothing could be further from the truth. and as cia director john brennan has explaining to do, it turns out it was the truth. but what happens now? to our fox biz all-stars sabrina schaefer and andy lauren, and the two democrats saying you should resign, director? >> it's illegal, lack of leadership, and guess who
8:21 pm
appointed mr. brennan? the white house, president obama. so this is almost an attack against the white house with when they're doing here. neil: the white house stands by and one thing that comes to mind, sabrina, this was a big deal with the senators, only when it came to light that they were spying on the senate and the senate says they're snooping. never mind what happened with our phone records collected. it got a big deal when it was close to their home. what do you make of the dustup over this. it's a big thing when democrats start going after their own. >> right, and you took the words right out of my mouth there. has been a pattern with the kind of scandals we've seen under the obama administration, the irs scandal, the nsa scandal, benghazi, taking information from people the government shouldn't be getting information from and controlling the flow of
8:22 pm
information to the american people. and people like senator wyden are saying enough is enough, you are right. american people didn't wake up until the media and government were under attack. neil: i don't think it's going anywhere, so we limp through the investigations that ticked off senate to get on their high horse and they're upstet happened to them, but nothing happened. >> first of all, it was first appointed by bush in a different role. and democratic-controlled senate investigating it. if you're investigating the cia, if you don't think they're going to spy you on back. this is cia. neil: let's go back to the war on terror and what staffs were criticizing what, getting information on what? >> this guy is more pro enhanced interrogation techniques than democrats are or were in light of bush administration in essence. i will say their techniques of spying seem weak. so they go into the computers and take screen shots. this is what i would do if i
8:23 pm
have information, the rpi, the network they're sharing. how can they get caught? why can't they do their spying quietly and not have to apologize for spying. neil: if you are going to spy do, it right. >> he's touching his nose when he ran the interview, it looks like he's lying or look at the interviewer. >> we have never spied on people at all. we have never spied on people at all. we have never spied. lauren, what do you think? >> he outright lied. that's a big deal. why would you lie like that. neil: a fox alert here. this is washington. >> i know, i know! let's hope the silver lining is people are realizing government overreach whether it's on the right or the left is becoming increasingly bigger threat for us. neil: i can't help getting back to the fact this is a big issue for them, they got on their high horse now and then talking about the abuses of the nsa and everything else, it didn't hit home until it happened to them.
8:24 pm
>> it's okay to spy on the people, but did you look at my computer files? they're spying on everybody. and no one is exempt. what can i tell you? yes, it had to go to their own computer files, e-mails before they got mad about it, i goes. >> wasn't this before a major report that would have been critical if the cia and practices came out? that's when he apologized, that's when brennan apologized. neil: you think he knew at time. just like when the president said he wasn't aware of the nsa scandal? ignorance is more scary, that implies a shadowed government. >> i hope he wasn't ignorant. neil: probably the lesser of evils. >> the old cia days that docket would have gone -- >> yeah! the old days they were dead. incredible. with all of that going on over there, would you believe the
8:25 pm
president's cracking down on fast food here? the fast food ceo with very choice words for the administration that might make it lose its appetite. unlimited cash back. let that phrase sit with you for a second. unlimited. as in, no limits on your hard-earned cash back. as in no more dealing with those rotating categories. the quicksilver card from capital one. unlimited 1.5% cash back on everything you purchase, every day. don't settle for anything less. i'll keep asking. what's in your wallet?
8:26 pm
8:27 pm
but they have to use special care in keeping the denture clean. dentures are very different to real teeth. they're about 10 times softer and may have surface pores where bacteria can multiply.
8:28 pm
polident is designed to clean dentures daily. its unique micro-clean formula kills 99.99% of odor causing bacteria and helps dissolve stains, cleaning in a better way than brushing with toothpaste. that's why i recommend using polident. [ male announcer ] polident. cleaner, fresher, brighter every day. . neil: all right, you ever get the feeling the white house is on a big mac attack? national international labor relations board serving up a not so happy meal for mcdonald's usa deeming the restaurant chain in several complaints regarding worker rights. if you have a problem at your franchise where you don't feel you are paid enough or feel minimum wage should be doubled to 15 bucks, bypass manager and go right to mickey d's. be careful what you wish for. why does this bug you? >> the big problem here is the
8:29 pm
franchise model depends on the franchisees, the people who run restaurants make decisions that impact how profitable the restaurants are, we don't do that at the franchisor level. mcdonald's, hardy's or burger king, we handle advertising, general products, give them systems they can use, they run the restaurant. that's how the franchise model works. if you make it so the franchisor is managing labor in the restaurant, if you cut into the independence of the franchisees, reduce profitability, you make the franchise incur more expenses and there are hundreds of thousands of franchisees in this country and many, many millions of employees. this model no longer works if they do this. it's a big threat and economic threat. neil: you know workers and unions come back and say who cares if franchisees and bosses in parent company is all ticked off. this is the fair thing to do for workers. you say this hurts workers and likely means there will be fewer worker, right?
8:30 pm
explain. >> we created this year so far, particularly the last couple months, we created an incredible amount of part-time jobs, and those jobs are often created in the franchise units and they're the jobs that people are trying to get the minimum wage raise done. those jobs just go away if these places go out of business. restaurants in particular operate with profits that are pennies on the dollar. when you start making franchisors run the franchisee's business, you cut into profitability. you raise the minimum wage, you impose obamacare, you take all of the actions and the jobs aren't going to be there. you can pay $50 an hour if you're not paying anybody. and they're going to wipe the jobs right out. neil: i had a congresswoman on talking about the ten or 11 states that have hiked minimum wage and hiring has gone up in the respective states. a couple she mentioned, the
8:31 pm
hikes have not formally gone into effect. far from scaring employers, if the overall economy is improving as she argued it was and is, it will be the money there to make this happen. >> two things, if you have the economic growth like for example in north dakota, we're already paying starting employees $12 an hour and plenty of people to work behind the hour. neil: you base it on the market, if the market is strong, you'll pay a little more? >> just like anything else, if the demand is high, we'll pay more because the supply will go down. what she's saying doesn't make sense. the congressional budget office came out and clearly said if we raise the minimum wage to $10.10 it's going to eliminate 500,000 jobs, those are 500,000 entry level jobs that young people aren't going to get. young people have the lowest
8:32 pm
labor participation they've had since bls, bureau of labor statistics has been tracking this data. those are jobs we're going to deprive the people that need them, the very people that the administration claims they're trying to help. they're going to lose their jobs. we're going to lose a whole generation of people here. neil: andy, good points all. good seeing you again, hearing you again. >> thanks, neil. neil: we wonder why a lot of people havells and debt? a third of them have debt that they're very, very, very far behind on. so then along come their bill collectors who are saying pay up. but do they have to be this bossy? >> if you refuse to answer the door, i guarantee i will wake up every neighbor in your entire [ bleep ] building! we never thought we'd be farming wind out here.
8:33 pm
it's not just building jobs here, it's helping our community. siemens location here has just received a major order of wind turbines. it puts a huge smile on my face. cause i'm like, 'this is what we do.' the fact that iowa is leading the way in wind energy, i'm so proud, like, it's just amazing.
8:34 pm
8:35 pm
8:36 pm
. >> i have to let you know that this is an effort to collect debt, any information would be used for debt purpose. >> if you refuse to answer the door, i guarantee you i will wake up every neighbor in your entire [ bleep ] building. neil: sounds like viewer message on the show. one in three americans in debt collection, more of us can be expecting such calls if we're not getting them already. what are your rights when it comes to a collection agency calling you up or knocking on the door or doing both again and again and again, attorney heather hansen says they are within their rights, attorney randy zellin disagrees, they're going too far. heather, what do you think? >> listen, certain things the companies can't do. they can't tell your friends and family they're in debt. they can't call you at work if you told them not to. they can't threaten or harass
8:37 pm
you with physical harm. they are entitled to get money they are owed. neil: the last caller made clear she is going to all but show up. >> that was probably going beyond the bounds of what is acceptable, and they will probably face litigation, but the reality is these people -- neil: can they curse? are they allowed to curse? >> that's -- there's no specific law with regard to cursing, it would fit into the idea of harassment which is against the law, and can you pursue those types of cases. neil: you in other words, suggest, for the most part, they're going to try to get their money, right? >> right. i think they are. neil: randy? >> harassment, being degrading, humiliating, that's what we have a court system for, and due process says someone says you owe money, i say you don't. we go court. the debt collectors not allowed to brow beat, threaten, intimidate people to get them to pay, which is why they
8:38 pm
cannot lie, they cannot humiliate. they can't threaten or call. neil: i have the positions reversed. i apologize. you're saying there's a limit to being, you know, hard about getting money back? >> we're all human beings and should be treated with dignity and with respect and there are laws. neil: is it inhuman, heather to take your sweet time paying off a debt collector, when you have no intention of paying off that debt? there's that argument. >> that's part of the problem, neil. randy says go to court. the reality is there are so many people in debt. you have a vice president saying we can spend away our bankruptcy, people are trying to maintain this type of debt. there's no court to be gone to, and litigation is too expensive for the companies. so they have no choice but to continue the phone call and try to get the debts paid in a different way. neil: do these guys get paid by the amount of money they get?
8:39 pm
>> i would tend to think there is some kind of commission. neil: got to be incentive. touche to her, she has ingenuity. a job in the mob for you. >> we have a court system, heather's assumption is people owe them money and have done something wrong. maybe they don't. there is a legitimate dispute. we handle those in court. it's friday in the summertime. i'm very understandable. neil: i want to switch topics while you're both in this great mood. tragedy on top of tragedy. donations pouring in for grieving parents hit with a $200,000 student loan bill after their daughter's tragic passing. are they legally responsible for the deceased order. the girl died suddenly at age 29 should not be held liable. heather hansen, they co-signed the educational loans, so they are liable, healther?
8:40 pm
>> i come across as ebenezer scrooge here, when you co-sign on a loan, you are responsible for the loan. if for example, neil, she had died and no one co-signed on the loan, of course he would not be responsible. but just as if she simply defaulted because she's passed away, he is unfortunately responsible. neil: they're raising the kids and trying to make ends meet. is that a rule here. you got to be careful co-signing? or should the agencies cut them a break? >> certain uncomfortable discussions that parents need to have with children. there is the estate planning end of things where the will is, and then there is parent being responsible for a child's death. the parent means well and the child means well. this is exactly what happens. this father is going to be left with the following. number one, were there any misrepresentations made by the lending institution where he didn't understand what he was signing. neil: everyone knows when they co-sign a loan the responsibility will be theirs.
8:41 pm
>> different levels of responsibility. there is something called you have a primary liability which is you are on the hook shoulder to shoulder and the guaranty of collection, if you can't get it from my child, you can now look to me. but there's the practical end of it, is this the public relations, the markets? neil: a lot of lenders are dialing it back 0% interest, or forgive me, a $15,000 chunk of that loan, because they've been shamed into it. but there's nothing shameful about wanting to get your money? >> that's the sad reality. and many of the companies are willing to work with the people that owe them money. they want the money paid, if it's a fraction of the money. in this situation, they have actually brought the debt down and made agreements with the family. unfortunately, as randy has admitted. when you co-sign on a loan, you
8:42 pm
are responsible nar debt. neil: in the end what happens? >> in the end, i'd like tong that the lending institution privately realizes. neil: you have a lot of laws because it's a collection of loans. >> federally there is forgiveness, things that can be done, and they realize, you know what? let's close the gap because we're competing in this space, let's be good guys here. td bank is giving away teddy bears and trips. this guy lost isdaughter. she was going to be a nurse, she would be able to pay it back. he's a pastor, taking care of her kids. do the right thing. >> i agree it's the exception of the rule, they have hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of people they're dealing with. it's a difficult situation for the company. neil: i don't know heather. thank you guys, very much. hopefully this works out for all involved. argentina's default drove the markets crazy this week, right? what if i told you argentina is
8:43 pm
only the tip of this financial iceberg? i bought a car, over and tells you, and you're like. a good deal or not.
8:44 pm
that's what led up to us looking at truecar.com. and with truecar.com, there's no buyer's remorse. save time, save money, and never overpay. visit truecar.com
8:45 pm
8:46 pm
. neil: all right, imagine january 1 of this year thinking where the markets would be on august 1st? and you would think, where are we now, essentially unchanged and think well, a lot must really not have happened in the interim. we know a lot did happen. this week alone, we had a better than 300 point hit on concerns about argentina, which we're going to be getting into and other stuff, but the gyrations in between, they were pretty scary, we're essentially back to where we were, back
8:47 pm
with sabrina, jonas and lauren. weird, right? >> weird because the market was up so strong, in anticipation of things getting better at a fairly rapid pace. we would have to have really, really strong economic numbers to continue the pace of the stock market increase we saw in recent years. it's going peter out without a much better period of news and certainly not without the crisis and other things going on. neil: you know what made this jobs report interesting? they didn't want it to be too strong because then of course -- >> the markets would tank. neil: all of a sudden interest rates would go up, the fed takes money out. who knows? 209,000 payroll gain, unemployment rate inching up 6.2%. everyone is breathing a sigh of relief. >> the data is not bad, not good, mediocre. the encouraging part would be
8:48 pm
the rise in unemployment rate. 300,000 people entered the workforce, but when you look at quality of jobs created. neil: i know you're not saying you like the unemployment rate. >> it went up for a positive reason but the quality of the jobs being created is concerning, they're not all full-time, they're not all higher. if you look at average hourly earnings, they went up a penny. what are you going to do with a penny? neil: market's like that aspect because inflation it's not a worry and don't have to worry about the world ending. >> inflation is not a worry in the u.s. right now. neil: what do you think of that? it's not a worry then we all breathe a sigh relief? >> i'm not sure i agree. i like to be an optimist. i was happy to see that for the first time since 1997, we have created 200,000 jobs for six months. there are all kinds of policies that impact that. the nlrb is having an impact on
8:49 pm
the franchise industry and what that will mean for the economy. interest rates are considered low. interest at 2.1%. as you reported on this network just this week, it's impacting people in terms of groceries, in terms of gas. there's a lot that's happening for individual wallets, and that's going to feed into a downturn in the market. neil: fears that it could if it mushrooms. argentina in default on making payments. according to moody's it is not alone, 11 other countries on the brink of bankruptcy, and also facing the possibility that debt succeeding whatever money they're taking. in lauren does, that concern you? another contagion? >> a burch of countries across the world. inflation, huge, 40, 50% in argentina and venezuela. political issues, corruption. these are countries that are having financial problems because of a host of different.
8:50 pm
i looked at the list. ecuador, you will probably put it up momentarily. other countries not on the list, i think, oh, they have a problem too or not headed in the right direction. neil: i heard one, the united states not being on the list because we can print money to get out of it, which is not a selling point. >> ron paul is coming back for the interview. that's a list of countries that look like it could default. when you start to get into countries that aren't supposed to be defaulting, european country, italy. neil: why do you have to pick on my country? >> i will say this used to cause problems, when we had debtspirals, remember the asian crisis. >> remember argentina in the late 70s and 80s. >> it's just argentina, we're more focused on the twitter earnings and the late 90s where we don't care about the emerging markets. they're not leaving the market like the run-up in 2007.
8:51 pm
now led by technology and the nasdaq. it's wrong to not focus on the emerging markets but the u.s. focuses, the earnings are good, job numbers are good. i don't think it's hit investors that hard. >> the argument about not worrying about argentina, we are not exposed as we were in the late 70s where they were going belly up. it's the same reason we blow off the russian concerns because we're not as exposed with europe. we're still an interlocked and interlinked world, and just like what happened with greece and all the debt fiasco, what starts in an area spreads beyond that area? >> i find argentina concerning, we think of argentina as a wealthy nation, right? when you think about what's going on there and look at what's going on in our country. we spent $3.5 trillion. we have a national debt of almost $17 trillion? are we taking lessons from our
8:52 pm
debt here? our debt has jumped 18 times since under clinton. are we stepping back and saying hey that could be us one day if we don't start making hard choices. neil: i heard we can keep printing money. >> apparently, i missed that. neil: thank you very much. what is the deal with this woman getting elected to congress? >> i felt ashamed, and i asked my colleagues, are you talking about america? is this america? in new york state, we're changing the way we do business, with startup ny. we've created tax free zones throughout the state. and startup ny companies will be investing hundreds of millions of dollars in jobs and infrastructure. thanks to startup ny, businesses can operate tax free for 10 years. no property tax. no business tax. and no sales tax.
8:53 pm
which means more growth for your business, and more jobs. it's not just business as usual. see how new york can help your business grow, at startup.ny.gov i research. i dig. and dig some (trader more. search. because, for me, the challenge of the search... is almost as exciting as the thrill of the find. (announcer) at scottrade, we share your passion for trading. that's why we rebuilt scottrade elite from the ground up - including a proprietary momentum indicator that makes researching sectors and industries even easier. because at scottrade, our passion is to power yours.
8:54 pm
8:55 pm
8:56 pm
8:57 pm
8:58 pm
after all shows and viewers is the very best and i salute you. thank you lord standing up for the american people and who are the politicians that will put america first for once? and it's good to be sympathetic and have a heart, but to say that you are ashamed of the very people who are providing the means and support that these folks are getting now, it is incredible. and like a true patriot come i couldn't figure out what was being talked about. and thank you so much for voicing what so many are thinking, one individual says. and another says shut up, i'm clearly ashamed that you don't care about these kids. and it should be a change and we
8:59 pm
are sending tens of thousands throughout the country in schools and communities and it will be the law of the land and we will do it and that is what i am ashamed of, kevin, your ignorance. and in atlanta, change or harder die, says one and i say change channels or die. and are you off your rocker again? no, are you from new jersey? [laughter] this time ranting over the weird confluence of eventrsey? [laughter] this time ranting over the weird confluence of events. and i hope that you are satisfied. well, that's original. argentina is defaulting and you are renting a u.s. congresswoman you are a despicable piece of crap who is unraveling the
9:00 pm
nation's moral reasoning. and tom, you got all that from what? have a goodwawawawawawawawawawa, don't. good night. >> 3, 4, 5. >> what is going on? he is experimenting on me, giving me a drug that is supposeed to make me happy, scientists say, you get a similar effect getting a hug, we try an experiment. >> people cheat for money. >> he experiments, and also my brother, and an experiment tonight i put my family on the show, here is my son. >> you frighten me. you are living an experiment. >> i am. john: and my nephew, kept his problem a secret. >> from uncle stossel.

9 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on